If you’re wondering what to wear to Outside Lands, please take the San Francisco microclimates into consideration prior to picking your outfit. While you may envision wearing the typical Summer music festival attire of a flowy sundress with boots and a floppy hat, you would be painfully mistaken to wear that. Your weather app may tell you that it will be 70 degrees with a low of 60, but it will definitely feel a LOT colder than that. Here’s a quick fashion guide for an optimal experience.
Outside Lands Fashion Guide- 5 Things You Shouldn’t Leave Home Without
1) A warm jacket. By warm, I mean, forget that it’s August and bring your Winter coat.
2) Mittens. When you’re holding that cold drink, you’ll be glad you brought them.
3) A blanket. There’s a reason they sell blankets at $50 a pop at the festival.. and it’s not just because they are iconic. A simple chenille throw would be great to have in your bag.
4) Boots with a low heel. The festival spans the breadth of Golden Gate Park, so there’s lots of walking involved from stage to stage and also lots of dirt. Leave the Louboutins at home.
5) Scarf. When the weather threatens to put a damper on your fashion sense, a scarf is a great option to keep that individual expression, while serving a true purpose- shielding your beloved neck from the biting wind and periodic mist of Golden Gate Park.