Meal planning is the thing I end up having the least amount of creativity for at the end of the week but if I don’t do it, then I know I’m doomed to overspend on groceries that will end up going bad before I can cook them. Pinterest has served as my go-to utility for outfit planning for a while now but I hadn’t really focused on using it for meal planning until recently. Lame that it took me so long to catch on to what practically all busy moms are doing these days, I know, but for what it’s worth, here is how I’m using Pinterest for meal planning. The key is to pin stuff regularly that appeals to you so that you have a lot of options to choose from when it comes time to sit down and plan the week’s meals.
1) I pin recipes to my pinboard that look healthy or easy whenever I happen to come across them.
2) On Saturday I open my “healthy recipes” pinboard and see which recipes I might be in the mood for making
3) I choose 7 meals and add them to my calendar along with the recipe instructions
4) I compile the list of ingredients for the grocery store (most are listed right in the pin itself)
5) Each night I just consult my calendar to see what’s for dinner